Zoharum label news-Different State and Arkona

Lo spazio dove discutere di tutte le diramazioni del suono dark ambient e di quello puramente industrial, ma anche della frangia più marziale ed oscura del folk apocalittico, da Lustmord ai Genocide Organ, da In Slaughter Natives ai Throbbing Gristle, da Coph Nia ad Atrax Morgue, dai Laibach a Der Blutharsch, da Allerseelen agli Arditi etc…

Moderatori: lovelorn, The Director, Telemaco33, RainDog

Zoharum label news-Different State and Arkona

Messaggioda zoharum » gio gen 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Hello everyone,

Here's Michal from Polish Zoharum label. This is my first post here, I hope it won't be the last one.

I would like to inform you of th 2 new releases that will be available from 31st January on. They are:

ZOHAR 015-2 DIFFERENT STATE 'Yield' reissue

and

IYHHH 003-2 ARKONA 'Acid Landscapes'

More info on the bottom.

This year will be quite busy for us, as we are planning to release a number of new CDs with Troum (DE), Ouroboros (IT), Oryelle (AU), Zenial (PL) and Inner Vision Laboratory (PL) amongst the others. Here's what we've released over the last 4 years:

ZOHARUM catalogue:
016 - [haven] 'Amity' (idm, ambient, post-industrial electronica)
014 - BISCLAVERET 'Engill Ljssins' (dark wave, orchestral dark ambient)
013 - HOROLOGIUM 'A Handful of Dust and Ashes' (orchestral ambient/martial industrial)
012 - TROUM 'Autopoisies/Nahtscato' (drone ambient/dreaming muzak)
011 - BISCLAVERET 'Ephemeros [ante'Te Deum']' (dark wave, orchestral dark ambient)
010 - HOARFROST vs. INNER VISION LABORATORY 'Decline' (cinematic ambient)
009 - DIFFERENT STATE 'Throught the Falling Eyelid' (hypnotique ambient, industrial illbient, moon musick)
008 - iN sCissorS 'Orbis Terrarum Requiem' (dark wave, dark ambient, soundscape)
007 - Re-DrUm 'S' (ambient, drone, industrial)
006 - AB INTRA 'Aura Imaginalis' (dark ambient)
005 - HOARFROST 'Ground Zero' (dark ambient, drone)
004 - DIFFERENT STATE 'Knar' (illbient, industrial)
003 - BISCLAVERET 'Amalgame' (ambient. industrial, military)
002 - DIFFERENT STATE / SIGILL 'Spazmatic[k] Spell' (industrial, illbient, moon musick)
001 - BISCLAVERET vs. BRUNO 'Les Mannequins' (dark ambient, drones)

IYHHH 002 - SYNAPSIS 'Materia' (post-industrial ambient)
IYHHH 001 - K. STANISLAVSKY 'End of All Things' (cinematic orchestral ambient)

Feel free to contact us if you're interested in any of them.
www.zoharum.com | www.alchembria.pl
[mail]info@zoharum.com[/mail] | [mail]distro@zoharum.com[/mail]

Here's some info about the new albums:

DIFFERENT STATE 'Yield'

Immagine

Zoharum & Wyrm Records present the latest Different State album "Yield (The Capacity of Production)".

This release contains remastered songs that first saw the light of the day on a I&E SPM tape in 1995. We also added 2 bonus tracks from "Cardinal Mosaic" album.

When 15 years ago this tape was released, it was aptly summed up "Americans have Ministry, Britons have Godflesh, Poles have Different State." "Yield" is the most metal of industrial releases of Different State (or the other way round.)

The old fans of the band does not need to be convinced to give this album a spin. The ones who have never heard it, but value Mr Broadrick's projects, will also be delighted.

ARKONA 'Acid Landscapes'

Immagine

Arkona is a project of a certain Karol Su-Ka. He's been expressing his artistic activities in many fields for over 20 years. Karol is a painter (his works can be admired in, e.g. 'Chaosmos' album which is available in our shop), performer, DJ, VJ, musician and vocalist. His sound creations include Arkona (a crossover of ambient structures and dub beats, their first album was released on the same label as Different State's debut), Street City Nomads (punk meets acid house), he also records solo as Karol Su-Ka (he collaborated with Polish avant-jazz darlings Wojtek Mazzolewski and Macio Moretti) and as a DJ Karel God.

'Acid Landscapes' released by Zoharum is the first regular publication of the tracks from the series of the same title. It includes 4 privately released albums with songs recorded between 2002 and 2009. This album collects the most atmospheric pieces from this series. 'Acid Landscapes' is a psychedelic journey through the city at night. The music on this album simply refuses to be pigeonholed. A careful listener will find ambient textures, dub or illbient rhythmic structures, post-industrial atmosphere and even acid twist. Everything bathed in a specific sense of humour. It's more than 70 minutes of music that provokes and teases, yet fascinates.

In Karol's own words: ”The idea for Acid Landscapes series came from looking through the old Arkona tracks I had in my archives. There were loads of them, since I have always been recording a lot and most of it was shelved as leftovers of low quality. After a closer look I thought that a significant part of it has artistic merit and coherent feel. That's how the idea for Acid Landscapes was born. Soon I realised that I have enough material for a couple of albums.

The process of creation has remained unchanged for years. I use my tiny home studio. I have recently exchanged my archaic PC for a laptop with a 24-bit soundcard. However, only 3 years ago I was using a PC with a 16MB RAM memory. While composing Acid Landscapes I was using the following equipment-samplers: boss sp 202 and sp 303, roland mc 303, roland jupiter 4, farfisa, elektronika em 25, korg m-500, hohner psk 60 + a couple of effects and analogue filters. All external sounds were recorded using a condenser microphone which is built in boss sp 202.

Currently I've been working on the next instalment being more of a tekno acid space dub part. Simple and spatial to the max.”

This album will be a nice surprise for fans of Scorn, Psychic TV, Coil ('LSD' period), Techno Animal, Material.
zoharum

Re: Zoharum label news-Different State and Arkona

Messaggioda The Director » gio gen 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Hello,

thanks for joining us and for the news :)
"Si chiama sogno americano perchè bisogna essere addormentati, per crederci" (George Carlin)
The Director

Re: Zoharum label news-Different State and Arkona

Messaggioda zoharum » gio gen 27, 2011 11:24 pm

You're welcome. :-) I hope I'll be having some more nice news in the future.
zoharum

Torna a FORUM 104: AMBIENT & INDUSTRIAL