CRISIS: Hymns of faith

Lo spazio dove discutere di tutte quelle sonorità difficili da circoscrivere in una categoria ben precisa (incluse le compilation più eterogenee), oppure di quelle sonorità meno riconducibili ai generi da noi trattati nello specifico, ma comunque degne di attenzione presso un certo tipo di pubblico…

Moderatori: lovelorn, The Director, Telemaco33, RainDog

CRISIS: Hymns of faith

Messaggioda Telemaco33 » mar ago 03, 2010 3:43 pm

in ristampa per il 3/8/2010 il miniLP dei Crisis "Hymns of Faith"

Immagine

MUS41 CRISIS - Hymns of Faith MLP

'Hymns Of Faith' by Crisis is finally re-released after some thirty years and yet it seems like only yesterday that I bought it upon its release. For thirty years, I have championed Crisis, like some kind of leper in the musical wilderness. I still cannot believe that La Vida Es Un Mus finally heard me. Very few records deserve the tag of classic, but 'Hymns Of Faith' is a classic record! Recorded by a band that was in the throes of death, this mini-LP features seven tracks of political punk (although some would describe it as post punk, an insult of the worst kind), covering the political spectrum from the Italian Red Brigades to the Kanada Kommando of Auschwitz. The LP may have lacked the bite of the earlier singles, but 'Hymns' was innovative and original, and has never been bettered, yet alone equalled. Forget 'Killed By Death', this my friends is the real deal! After Crisis, Douglas P and Tony Wakeford formed Death In June and Luke Rendall joined Theatre Of Hate. Kneel and bow in reverence to 'Hymns Of Faith'!

1ST PRESS 300 RED / 700 BLACK VINYL
Telemaco33

Torna a FORUM 107: DIFFERENT SOUNDS