ARCANA - "The First Era 1996-2002" 4CD Boxset

Lo spazio dove discutere di tutte le sonorità più delicate, acustiche, neoclassiche, ancestrali e legate alla Tradizione, dai Dead Can Dance a Sieben, dai Cocteau Twins agli Autumn's Grey Solace, dai Sol Invictus a Louisa John-Krol, dai Forseti agli Ataraxia, dai Chandeen ai Caprice, dagli Helium Vola ai Collection D’Arnell Andréa etc…

Moderatori: lovelorn, The Director, Telemaco33, RainDog

ARCANA - "The First Era 1996-2002" 4CD Boxset

Messaggioda Telemaco33 » ven feb 26, 2010 11:08 am

Immagine

Very few bands evoke such awe and inspiration than this Swedish act driven by the now legendary talent of Peter Bjärgö. ARCANA have been pillars and always at the forefront of the so called Neo Classical / Heavenly Voices movement with their poignant, ethereal and medieval inspired music since their very first album, Dark Age Of Reason was released in 1996 on Sweden's Cold Meat Industry label on which they subsequently released 3 other albums, Cantar De Procella (1997) ...The Last Embrace (2000) and Inner Pale Sun (2002) making ARCANA one of the most regarded and praised act on the label. Sorrowful strings, Doomsday horns and trumpets, massive percussion and snares, bells, Dulcimer all interlaced with exquisite Male and Female voices create a quite singular atmosphere of grandeur and of melancholy for times long gone... ARCANA's music leaves hardly no one indifferent, it's able to touch and move in ways very few acts have been able to achieve, it's music is timeless and rediscovering these albums years later certainly proves this...now sold out for some years we are pleased to present these classic albums together in a special format.
This 4CD box set includes the first 4 albums with bonus tracks taken from various compilations and mini albums covering the early days of this unique act. The first 3 albums have also been carefully ReMastered, "Dark Age Of Reason" by Peter Bjärgö and the "Cantar De Procella" and "...The Last Embrace" albums by Frederic Arbour. Limited edition of 2000 copies.

Track List:
CD1: Dark Age of Reason
Our God Weeps / Angel Of Sorrow / Source Of Light / The Calm Before The Storm / Dark Age Of Reason / Like Statues In The Garden Of Dreaming / The Oath / ...For My Love / Serenity / The Song Of Mourning
Bonus Tracks: Eternal Sleep / Spirits of the Past

CD2: Cantar de Procella
The Opening Of The Wound / Chant Of The Awakening / The Song Of Solitude (The Cry Of Isolde) / Void Of Silence / Cantar De Procella / Aeterna Doloris / The Song Of Preparation / God Of The Winds / The Dreams Made Of Sand / Gathering Of The Storm / La Salva De Profundis / The Tree Within
Bonus Track: Emperor of the Sun

CD3: ...The Last Embrace
...The Last Embrace / Hymn Of Absolute Deceit / Diadema / Winds Of The Lost Soul / Love Eternal / Repentance / March Of Loss / The Ascending Of A New Dawn / Sono La Salva / Lorica Vite
Bonus Track: Eclipse of the Soul

CD4: Inner Pale Sun
My Cold Sea / Lovelorn / Icons / We Rise Above / Innocent Child / Song Of The Dead Sun / Season Of Thought / Closure
Bonus Track: Body of Sin
Telemaco33

Re: ARCANA - "The First Era 1996-2002" 4CD Boxset

Messaggioda _mosconian_ » mar mar 23, 2010 5:14 pm

se lo trovo a un prezzo decente me lo accatto :-)
"Se non bestemmio, guarda..."
_mosconian_

Messaggioda Telemaco33 » mar giu 01, 2010 3:50 pm

_mosconian_ ha scritto:se lo trovo a un prezzo decente me lo accatto :-)

41,99$ direttamente dalla Ciclyc Law. Penso sia un prezzo abbordabile :wink:
Telemaco33

Messaggioda prince rupert » mar giu 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Uscita interessante ma per me inutile.
....e gente giusta che rifiuti d'esser preda
di facili entusiasmi e ideologie alla moda....
prince rupert

Messaggioda Monochrome » lun giu 14, 2010 1:12 pm

prince rupert ha scritto:Uscita interessante ma per me inutile.

Idem.
Monochrome

Messaggioda enry » mar giu 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Vedi sopra.
Le versioni rimasterizzate dei primi tre mi resteranno in gola, comunque. Mi sarebbe piaciuto buttarci un orecchio...
enry

Torna a FORUM 105: TRADITIONAL & ETHEREAL SOUNDS